Be Carbon Monoxide ( CO ) Aware. Get an Alarm & check your install – The Stove House

Be Carbon Monoxide Aware

CO Poisoning Signs

Test your CO alarms regularly. You can buy one from us and/or have your woodburner serviced and installation checked by us. Call 01730 810931

Carbon monoxide (also known as 'CO') is an invisible, odourless gas that can be formed when fuel burns. Without a continuous supply of oxygen, levels of CO can quickly increase to dangerous levels. In the home, this can occur with gas fires and cookers, boilers, wood burners and similar appliances which are not properly ventilated - a particular problem in winter as doors and windows are closed.

Often known as the 'silent killer', many people are unaware that carbon monoxide poisoning can also cause a serious hypoxic brain injury as the brain is starved of oxygen and cells begin to die.


Liquid error (layout/theme line 719): Could not find asset snippets/spurit_uev-theme-snippet.liquid