Q) How much will it cost to buy a woodburner and get it installed?
How long is a piece of string?......
A survey is always required but it's best to break it down into 5 groups:
1) Stove price - Stoves vary in price due to size, quality and design. A good stove will average between £500-£1200 and should last a minimum of 15-20 yrs. Any stove less than this will be a poor quality stove and will not perform well nor last. It would be a false economy as you'll have to buy another one after about 3 years, plus you'll probably have to renew the liner as no HETAS installer will fit a new stove to a 'second hand' flue. Follow our guide on choosing a stove.
2) Flue Liner and fittings. To supply and fit a high-grade liner that is purpose made for the type of fuel you will be burning and to ensure a safe and long use would be approximately £900 upwards depending on your flue length and diameter.
3) Fireplace alterations. This would depend on each individual case. See some of our installations here.
4) Hearth and/or beam. Dependent on size and material used.
5) Possible scaffold hire - Not all jobs require a scaffold, most can be carried out on a ladder, a survey would be carried out first to identify a need.
As you can see, it’s not always easy to work out precisely how much it’s going to cost to get a stove and have it installed. That's why a survey is always a must. Please do get in touch and we will come out to you, be with you for about 40mins-1hr and you'll have your quote usually within 2-3hrs of the survey being carried out. No more guessing, you'll know exactly.
The Stove House feel it’s very important to give you as much information as possible to ensure you create the home you want at the price that’s right for you. That's why we put a lot of time and effort into helping you from the start: in our showroom, on-site visits and through to the final stage of installation. Plus come back in as many times as you like to go over how to use your new fire, how to maintain it and any further services or accessories you may need. We're here to help, that's why we've been doing it for over 28 years.