- Get your chimneys swept every year by a NACS chimney sweep.
- Stove door rope seals need to be replaced every year if not every other year. This ensures maximum efficiency, correct fuel consumption and keeps the glass clean. We offer a full door reconditioning service or can supply you the spares to do it yourself.
- Vacuum out the fire box and ash pan at the end of the burn season, usually around June/July. Otherwise, moisture mixes with the ash and causes erosion. (Only needs to be done once a year!)
- Wood ash is fantastic for flower beds and vegetable patches.
- Only burn dry seasoned logs this prevents tar build up within the stove and the chimney. We sell kiln dried logs by the bag or by the pallet load. See here for details.
- Check your carbon monoxide detector regularly. If you don't have one buy one! Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. We can supply you with one, Building Regulations now stipulate every solid fuel appliance fitted should have one in the same room.