Tips and Hints for your Stove
STOVE MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- Get your chimneys swept every year by a NACS chimney sweep.
- Stove door rope seals need to be replaced every year if not every other year. This ensures maximum efficiency, correct fuel consumption and keeps the glass clean. We offer a full door reconditioning service or can supply you the spares to do it yourself.
- Vacuum out the fire box and ash pan at the end of the burn season, usually around June/July. Otherwise, moisture mixes with the ash and causes erosion. (Only needs to be done once a year!)
- Wood ash is fantastic for flower beds and vegetable patches.
- Only burn dry seasoned logs this prevents tar build up within the stove and the chimney. Buy them here.
- Check your carbon monoxide detector regularly. If you don't have one buy one. Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. We can supply you with one, Building Regulations now stipulate every solid fuel appliance fitted should have one in the same room.
- HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR WOOD YET? NOW IS THE TIME TO GET IT STACKED AND DRIED. We supply bagged kiln dried wood & coal, contact us for prices.
- Identify your stove: Woodburner Only or Multifuel Model? See here to help you run your stove more efficiently.
Extra tips from our blog.