Delivery Information – Glass Hearths
Important notice –
Glass Hearth Delivery Terms & Information
Please note: the following information applies to the following glass hearths:-
- Clipped Corner Square
- Inset Shape
- Rectangle (Medium only)
- Semi-Circle (Small, Medium and Medium-Wide)
- Square (Medium only)
- Standard (Small only)
- Truncated (Medium only)
You will receive notification of your DHL tracking number (from DHL) to the email address supplied once it has been booked and again once your order has been dispatched. This information enables you to check upon delivery progress or to amend the delivery. It is your responsibility to update the tracking information should a change be required either for yourself or a 3rd party if you have requested delivery elsewhere (and to provide the 3rd party with the tracking information if you wish). Tracking becomes available after DHL have collected your order from our suppliers premises. We are unable to offer a phone call prior to delivery.
Please check the address details provided on your order are correct. It should be noted that once goods have been dispatched, any changes will likely incur a delay to delivery by up to 5 working days, over which we have no control. We will not be held liable for goods dispatched in good faith, subsequently delayed in transit (no matter what the reason). Our returns/cancellation policy will apply to cancellation of those orders and will be subject to the return of those goods in a re-saleable condition.
- Orders are normally dispatched from our suppliers to your registered address, within 3 working days of receipt of your order on a next day service. Orders received after 1pm are deemed as received the next working day and deliveries to 3rd party addresses may take longer
- Next day delivery is not guaranteed, this being outside of our control
- We do not deliver hearths outside the United Kingdom Mainland nor do we dispatch goods on Friday/Saturday/Sunday
- The cost of delivery to your registered address is calculated during Check-out (to most United Kingdom mainland destinations) subject to the above
- If you cancel an order after we have started to ship it, the shipping charge will be deducted from any refund and our Returns Policy applies (see our website)
- If the goods appear to be damaged, please do not accept the delivery. Due to the fragile nature of these items, you must check Glass Hearths and report any issues to ourselves within 24 hours of receipt. We will make a charge for replacements notified outside this time frame
- DHL drivers are not obliged to take the goods back to their depot to dispose of in the event of damage
- Do not use sharp objects to open packaging as you will likely cause damage to the glass product
- We are not liable for goods found to be damaged following receipt where you have requested them to be delivered to an alternative public address (including but not exclusive to a place of work) or left unattended; you are deemed to have made these arrangements at your own risk
- In agreeing to our terms, you accept responsibility for agreeing to a 3rd party checking and signing for your delivery or for goods to be left unattended
- The carriers will only deliver goods to the nearest entrance to your property and will not bring the goods inside; this is for insurance and health and safety reasons.
- We recommend you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of your order
- We are not liable for any costs incurred by you, or for any loss of earnings for delayed, late or failed deliveries. For example: if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to re-book an installer, we are not liable for any extra charges the installer may charge you. We are not liable for any loss of earnings resulting from you taking time off work to accept a delivery, even if it is late or delayed.
- NOTE RE Coloured/Painted hearths– these should be sited with the coloured/painted (matt) side to the floor, leaving the shiny unpainted side for your stove to sit on. The surface beneath the hearth must be completely level and free from debris, chemically neutral and free from active chemicals such as acid or similar, which may damage coloured/painted hearths. We do not advise siting coloured/painted glass hearths where there is underfloor heating beneath
The following products are dispatched on a pallet: see pallet delivery terms:-
- ALL Bespoke orders
- Larger Glass products including Circle, Large Semi Circle, Large Standard, Large Square, Large Truncated, Large Rectangle and Medium Standard
- All Sandstone / Granite / Limestone